Our Gold Open Access Model
Peter Lang offers authors optional Gold Open Access. With Gold Open Access your research will be freely available online for others to read, download and share immediately upon publication and without any embargo period.
When taking advantage of Gold Open Access both your print and Open Access publication benefit from our marketing, distribution and data management services, with no restrictions. The Open Access publication will be available on the Peter Lang website, OAPEN, Google Books and national research repositories in collaboration with many research funders. We are committed to offering you a fast and flexible service, fully supported by our experienced editorial and marketing teams.
What are the benefits of Gold Open Access for authors?
- Accessibility – research becomes freely available as soon as it is published.
- Discoverability – studies have shown that Open Access publications gain more views, citations and downloads than publications with restricted access.
- Engagement – increased visibility means more possibilities for public engagement and collaboration.
- Compliance – Open Access publication is increasingly required by funding bodies and a Creative Commons license allows authors to easily comply with funder requirements.
- Rigour – all Open Access publications will benefit from our rigorous peer review process.
- Support – Gold Open Access authors receive the full benefit of our marketing and distribution services.
To support the cost of publication, Peter Lang charges authors a flat fee of EUR 4,000. This cost is often borne by authors’ grants, institutions or research funders.
As a service-oriented Publisher, Peter Lang offers flexible solutions that suit authors’ individual needs. If you would like to discuss other Open Access models do not hesitate to contact us for a customized offer.