Written by an expert with more than 30 years of experience in system and control theories, Sociology, Politicians, and Human Nature presents a structural approach to macrosociological systems that describes pre cisely the dynamics of societal systems. The author provides an innovative presentation of the theoretical aspects of societal systems dynamics. This book enriches readers knowledge about human societies, their development and moving forces, and it enables readers to filter and better understand social media information.
Currency depends on your shipping address
- New York, Bern, Berlin, Bruxelles, Oxford, Wien, 2021. XVI, 306 pp., 1 b/w ill.
- About the author
- About the book
- This eBook can be cited
- 1 System Approach to Macrosociology
- Specifics of Sociological Models
- Basic Structural Components of Social Systems
- Interpretation of the Well-Being Criterion
- Organized Religion and Societal Structure
- 2 Lessons of History
- Hunting and Gathering Society
- Pastoral Societies
- Horticultural Societies
- Agricultural Societies
- Industrial Societies
- Post-Industrial Societies
- 3 Societal Dynamics and Ideology
- Basic Role of Government and Dynamics of the Administrative Unit
- Dynamics of Ideology
- How to Evaluate Societal Progress
- 4 Pyramidal Societal Structures
- Formation of Pyramidal Societal Structures
- Reasons of Evolution of the Pyramidal Societal Structures
- Reasons of Unsuccessful Premature Transformations
- Formation and Destruction of Pseudo Democratic Societal Structures
- Modernized Autocratic Structures
- 5 Democratic Societal Structures
- Capitalist Societal Structure
- Socialism vs Capitalism
- Mixed Democratic Societal Structures
- 6 Globalization and Politics
- Economic Globalization
- Political Globalization
- Cultural Globalization
- Nationalism and Globalism
- Global Labor Organizations
- 7 Human Nature and Politics
- Trade as a Political Tool
- Media as a Political Tool
- Social Control
- 8 Urgent Social Problems
- 9 Difficulties to Keep Being the World’s Superpower
- About the Author
8 Urgent Social Problems
“It is very easy to fool the people but difficult to convince them that they have been fooled!”
Election campaigns are the hottest period for various political debates. Politicians try to create before elections a favorable situation for leaders of their party to be reelected. Based on opinion polls politicians build their political campaign platforms. The main issues of the 2020 United States presidential election are health care, education, immigration, and environment. Health care and education can be considered as a pure internal American problem. The major Democratic presidential contenders support universal health care and free college education that are available in many countries across the globe. Immigration and environment are hot topics generating a significant amount of coverage and discussion not only in the U.S. but also in many Western European countries.
Immigration to and migration within Europe have significantly increased since the mid-20th century. A lot of migration has been within Europe, especially ←215 | 216→by Eastern Europeans after the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the fall of the Soviet empire. Muslim populations have also grown throughout Europe over the past few decades. The UN refugee agency advocates for fair and effective asylum systems across Europe. Today, there are around 22 million immigrants legally residing in the EU. Supporters of globalization assert that immigration and successful integration can help maintain the competitiveness of the EU economy since Europe has an ageing population and forty percent of employers in the...
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.