| 105 →
1. Retrieved from http://www.freireproject.org/content/freire-international-projectcritical-pedagogy.
1. The initiative was termed the “Aventine Secession” in memory of the Plebian protest against the Patricians in Ancient Rome.
2. Chemist, poet, philosopher, proficient linguist in six different languages, Lorenzo’s father was a true intellectual. Lorenzo also had an older brother Adriano and a younger sister Elena. His great-grandfather, Domenico Comparetti, was one of the most famous Italian humanists and a well-known linguist in as many as 19 languages, while his grandfather was a well-known archaeologist.
3. His grandmother on his mother’s side was a friend of Italo Svevo, one of the most important Italian writers and novelists of the last century.
4. He was never a model student. He failed his last year of junior high school and was made to resit his exams, having obtained just 3/10 in Italian and 4/10 in Latin. After the family crisis brought on by his lack of success at school he managed to pass his resits but he failed to improve in the first year of senior high school. Incredibly he then decided, as recounted in the text, to skip a year and put his name forward for ← 105 | 106 → the entrance exams to the last year of senior high as a private candidate and succeeded in passing them, moving directly on to the final year. When he turned up to sit the exams his Italian teacher...
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.