A Fortune 500 Perspective
Cong Li and Don Stacks
Chapter 7. Google+
| 91 →
This chapter is centered on Google+, the last social media platform from which we collected data. Based on an examination of the Fortune 500 companies’ activities on Google+ and their business performances, we intended to answer the following questions:
• What kinds of posts do the Fortune 500 companies create on Google+?
• How does the public respond to the Fortune 500 companies’ Google+ posts in general?
• What is the best way to measure a company’s nonfinancial activeness on Google+?
• Does a company’s Google+ nonfinancial activeness affect its business performance from a finance perspective, measured in its monthly stock return?
• Does a company’s Google+ nonfinancial activeness influence its business performance from an accounting perspective, measured ← 91 | 92 → in its quarterly total revenue, net income (or loss), earnings per share, profit margin, return on assets, and return on equity?
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.