Arts Learning in the Digital Age
7. Challenges and Recommendations
← 84 | 85 → 7
CHALLENGES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
This report has uncovered five primary challenges to interest-driven arts learning in the 21st century:
1. Conceptualizing interest-driven arts learning in new media
2. Changing perceptions of youths’ interest-driven arts activities
3. Promoting equity in interest-driven arts learning opportunities
4. Designing interest-driven arts learning social networks
5. Inviting, sustaining, and supporting participation in arts activities
For each of these areas, we offer suggestions for future research, practice, and policy that build on what we know about interest-driven arts learning.
Challenge 1: Conceptualizing Interest-Driven Arts Learning in New Media
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.