Data Transcription and Major Topics in Corpus Linguistics
7. The transcription of the job interviews
1. I’m from Spokane Washington … and I am a German major. [laughs slightly]
2. Umm … I wanna be a German teacher and … in order to be a German teacher you have to live in Germany.
3. Umm … I already have a conversation class … at the moment … and … we do quite well … and [4 sec.] /Interviewer: o. k./ [laughs slightly] /Interviewer: What kind of conversation class is it?/ it’s just an English conversation class. /Interviewer: Here at Passau university?/ yes. /Interviewer: Cool./ but it’s - it’s just for our own and it’s umm just for fun.
4. I’m very outgoing and I’m not really shy about things and … knowing how it is … to be corrected from a German … I correct people … from - as …- as an American - as a native English speaker umm … yeah
5. My strengths … and my weaknesses are the same thing. I …- I get to know people … and … it seems like we’ve known each other forever and then my weakness would be that I don’t ever wanna lose contact but sometimes I do. [laughs slightly]
6. Umm … most would be … getting in touch with other nationalities other … - I mean I don’t know if it’s all Germans or if it’s other nationalities but I like to get to know many people [3 sec.] and I - I don’t really see - at least the fact that four...
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.