suspension, n. 
1. the act of suspending.
2. the state of being suspended.
3. temporary abrogation or withholding, as of a law, privilege,
decision, belief, etc.
4. stoppage of payment of debts or claims because of financial
inability or insolvency.
5. Chem. a. the state in which the particles of a substance are mixed
with a fluid but are undissolved. b. a substance in such a state.
6. Physical Chem. a system consisting of small particles kept dispersed
by agitation (mechanical suspension) or by the molecular motion in
the surrounding medium (colloidal suspension).