Edited By Fatma Eti Aslan, Gökay Kurtulan and Hayat Yalın
After the COVID pandemic in 2020, the importance of health services was once again understood by the whole world. Scientific research in the field of health services contributes greatly to the development of health services.
In this book, there are a total of 26 chapters in 4 different scientific fields: 6 in nutrition and dietetics, 11 in nursing, 6 in physiotherapy and rehabilitation and 3 in health management.
Currency depends on your shipping address
- Berlin, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Warszawa, Wien, 2021. 456 pp., 34 fig. b/w, 118 tables.
- About the author
- About the book
- This eBook can be cited
- List of Contributors
- Dilek Arduzlar Kağan, Ecenur Özkul, and Pelin Velioğlu
- Assessment of Consumption Frequency of Cereal Products by Adults and Some Factors Affecting Consumption
- Ecenur Özkul and Can Ergün
- An Evaluation of Nutritional Supplement Habits of Mothers and Eating Habits of Children Aged 0-6 Years
- Gökçen Garipoğlu, Gülderen Yentür, Esin Koç, and Taner Özgürtaş
- Research into Effect of Nutritional Status in Pregnancy on Breast Milk Lipid Content and Fatty Acid Composition
- Hakan Güveli, Merve İlker, Emre Batuhan Kenger, and Tuğçe Özlü
- The Importance of Medical Nutrition Treatment and Determinants of Its Effects of in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Patients
- İlayda Öztürk
- The Relationships Between Sleep Patterns, Eating Habits, and Obesity of University Students
- Yonca Sevim
- Recreational Athletes’ Food Choices
- Kardelen Besen, Dilara Güler, Mirsad Alkan, and Dilber Karagözoğlu Coşkunsu
- Acute Effects of Myofascial Release Technique Applied with Foam Roller on Posterior Plane Muscles in Patients with Mechanical Neck Pain
- Hazal Genç, Esra Atılgan, and Beyza İnce
- Comparison of Muscle Activation Level, Pain, Posture, Disability, and Balance in Individuals with and without Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- İlkay Öztürk, Mirsad Alkan, and Hasan Kerem Alptekin
- Evaluation of the Relationship Between Physical Activity and Fatigue with Presenteeism
- Pelin Pişirici and Evrim Karadağ Saygı
- Investigation the Effectiveness of Low-Dose Laser Treatment in Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome-Randomized Controlled Study
- Pelin Pişirici, Leyla Ataş Balcı, and Seda Akkoyun
- The Effect of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Technique on Proprioception and Balance in Individuals with Non-specific Neck Pain -Pilot Study
- Semih Özdemir, Hasan Kerem Alptekin, and Mirsad Alkan
- Effects of Kinesio Taping on Balance and Performance in Healthy Adults with Dynamic Knee Valgus
- Ahu Kürklü, Pınar Doğan, and Merve Tarhan
- Comparison of the Public’s Social Distance toward Syrian Refugees and Perceptions of Access to Healthcare Services: İstanbul Sample
- Dilay Hacıdursunoğlu Erbaş, Fadime Çınar, and Fatma Eti Aslan
- Researches Related Violence Against Healthcare Workers in Turkey: A Meta-analysis Study
- Emine Özdemir Aslan and Fatma Eti Aslan
- Examination of Satisfaction of Patients Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Management
- Fatma Eti Aslan, Şebnem Çalkavur, Semra Bülbüloğlu, and Neslihan Bektaş
- Intervention Effectiveness: A Meta-analysis of the Central Line Bundles to Prevent Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections
- Gamze Zengin and Hayat Yalın
- Quality of Life in Individuals with Stroke
- İbrahim Elmas and Hayat Yalın
- Life Quality of Nurses: Mardin Province Sample
- Merve Tarhan, Pınar Doğan, and Ahu Kürklü
- Nursing’s Public Image in İstanbul: Comparison Between Generations
- Neriman Özge Çalışkan and Hayat Yalın
- Patients’ Perception of Nursing Care
- Nilgün Altunbaş and Hayat Yalın
- Identifying the Expectations of Parents of Children, Who Have Bone Marrow Transplantation, from Healthcare Professionals
- Nurşah Büyükçamsarı Şanlıer, Fadime Çınar, and Fatma Eti Aslan
- Investigation of Risk Factors for Effective Pressure Ulcer Development Studies Have Been Made in Turkey: A Meta-analysis Study
- Selda Polat and Burcu Ceylan
- Effect of Psychodrama on Self-Compassion Levels of University Students
- Çiğdem Çelebi and Murat Dündar
- Investigation of Circulation Areas Depending on Spatial Planning Criteria in Healthcare Facilities
- Gökay Kurtulan and İrem Sarıhan
- Comparison of Health Literacy Levels of Bahçeşehir University Faculty of Health Sciences and Architecture and Design Students
- Muzaffer Saraç and Gökay Kurtulan
- Difficulties and Challenges in the Field of Nurses Providing Home Care Services
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- About the Editors
Dilek Arduzlar Kağan, Ecenur Özkul, and Pelin Velioğlu
Assessment of Consumption Frequency of Cereal Products by Adults and Some Factors Affecting Consumption
Objective: The majority of daily energy requirements are provided by cereals. With different recipes and uses, cereal products have an important place in daily diet due to being generally cheap, easy to obtain, their nutrient content and neutral flavor. Apart from these characteristics, the fiber content is an important quality criterion for cereal products. As the product diversity increases, cereal products which can be evaluated as functional foods increase.
Materials and Methods: The aim of the study is to investigate the frequency and diversity of cereal products consumed by adult individuals and effective factors. From March to April 2018, İstanbul province was accepted as population, with the sample comprising 299 women and 151 men, for a total of 450 individuals, aged from 18 to 65 years living in İstanbul. Survey questioned demographic features, health knowledge, habits and participant’s consumption frequency and choices in relation to cereal products.
Results: The 450 adults participating in this study consumed white bread (45.5 %) and wholewheat bread at least once per day (38 %), while most did not consume bran bread (52 %), rye bread (56 %) and multigrain bread (53 %). It was identified that most ate phyllo pastry at least once per month, white rice 1-2 times per week and did not consume brown rice (81 %). They ate bulgur at least once every 15 days (26.8...
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.