Essays on Art, Aesthetics, and Culture
I. Art and Aesthetics
1. The Nature and Limits of Analytic Aesthetics
2. The Invention of Modern Aesthetics: From Leibniz to Kant
3. Notions of the Aesthetic and of Aesthetics
4. Aesthetics, Philosophy of Culture, and “The Aesthetic Turn”
5. The Distinction between Aesthetics and the Sociology of Art: Remarks on Bourdieu’s Critique of Aesthetics
6. Understanding and Appreciating Art: The Relevance of Experience
II. Music, Literature, and Painting
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.