Innovation, Complexity and Policy
Contributions from 30 years of innovation policy research in Austria
Table Of Contents
- About the editor
- About the book
- This eBook can be cited
- Table of Contents
- Foreword (Ingolf Schädler)
- Foreword – A personal speech for Josef Fröhlich that has yet to be held: Complexity need not be complicated. (Wolf D. Prix)
- Introduction (Matthias Weber)
- The dynamics of innovation systems
- RTI funding in Austria – Organisational structures and institutional change (Rupert Pichler)
- Innovation Co-operation between industrial firms and universities in Austria: Key concepts and developments over time (Doris Schartinger / Bernhard Dachs)
- Global firms and national innovation systems: the case of Austria (Bernhard Dachs / Georg Zahradnik)
- Futures of research and innovation: transformative scenarios and the dilemma of research and innovation policy (Matthias Weber / Petra Schaper-Rinkel / Susanne Giesecke)
- Tools and methods for the analysis ofcomplex systems
- Bridging centrality: A new indicator to measure the positioning of actors in complex networks (Thomas Scherngell / Laurent Bergé / Iris Wanzenböck)
- Agent-based Modelling in RTI Policy: Application to the Austrian biotechnology industry (Manfred Paier / Martina Dünser / Thomas Scherngell / Simon Martin)
- Identifying research fronts: A science mapping exercise for security research (Edgar Schiebel)
- Interventions in complex innovationsystems
- The Austrian Competence Center Programmes: Past, present and future? (Michael Dinges / Karl-Heinz Leitner)
- Innovation policy lab to design intervention in public procurement (Eva Buchinger)
- The Austrian ScienceCenter-Network as an example for systemic intervention in science learning (Barbara Streicher / Margit Fischer / Wolfgang Czerny / Barbara Heller-Schuh)
- Technology Experience: A framework for people driven innovation (Manfred Tscheligi)
- Complextiy, acceleration, globalisation – A challenge for democratic governance (Ludwig Streit)
Matthias Weber (ed.)
Innovation, Complexity and Policy
Contributions from 30 years
of innovation policy research in Austria
Bibliographic Information published by the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
The Deutsche Nationalbibliothek lists this publication in the Deutsche Nationalbibliografie; detailed bibliographic data is available in the internet at http://dnb.d-nb.de.
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
Names: Weber, Karl Matthias, 1966- editor.
Title: Innovation, complexity and policy / Matthias Weber (ed.).
Description: Frankfurt am Main ; New York : Peter Lang, 
Identifiers: LCCN 2017017249 | ISBN 9783631723159
Subjects: LCSH: Technology and state—Austria—History. | Technological innovations—Austria—History. | Technological
Classification: LCC T26.A9 I56 2017 | DDC 338.9436/06--dc23 LC record
available at https://lccn.loc.gov/2017017249
Cover Image: Coop Himmelblau Building in Seibersdorf
©Gerald Zugmann/ www.zugmann.com
ISBN 978-3-631-72315-9 (Print)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-72316-6 (E-PDF)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-72317-3 (EPUB)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-72318-0 (MOBI)
© Peter Lang GmbH
Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
Frankfurt am Main 2017
All rights reserved.
PL Academic Research is an Imprint of Peter Lang GmbH.
Peter Lang – Frankfurt am Main · Bern · Bruxelles · New York · Oxford · Warszawa · Wien
All parts of this publication are protected by copyright. Any utilisation outside the strict limits of the copyright law, without the permission of the publisher, is forbidden and liable to prosecution. This applies in particular to reproductions, translations, microfilming, and storage and processing in electronic retrieval systems.
This publication has been peer reviewed.
About the book
This book brings together a set of contributions that show the breadth and depth of the scientific work of Josef Fröhlich and his influence on Austrian research, technology and innovation (RTI) policy. It is edited in honour of the occasion of his retirement as Head of Innovation Systems Department at the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology. The contributors provide an overview of important issues of debate at the intersection of innovation studies and government policy, which have been pivotal for the modernisation and consolidation of the Austrian innovation system since the early 1990s.
This eBook can be cited
This edition of the eBook can be cited. To enable this we have marked the start and end of a page. In cases where a word straddles a page break, the marker is placed inside the word at exactly the same position as in the physical book. This means that occasionally a word might be bifurcated by this marker.
Table of Contents
- ISBN (PDF)
- ISBN (ePUB)
- ISBN (MOBI)
- ISBN (Hardcover)
- Publication date
- 2017 (June)
- Research, Technology & Innovation Policy Foresight Innovation Systems Complexity Governance
- Frankfurt am Main, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Warszawa, Wien, 2017. 230 pp., 9 b/w ill., 5 coloured ill., 22 tables