A Fortune 500 Perspective
Cong Li and Don Stacks
Chapter 6. YouTube
| 75 →
This chapter is focused on the video messages that the Fortune 500 companies delivered to their publics via YouTube from January 2009 to December 2013. We collected the raw data from the companies’ YouTube accounts and other sources. By analyzing those data, we aimed to answer the following questions:
• What kinds of videos do the Fortune 500 companies put on YouTube?
• How does the public respond to the Fortune 500 companies’ videos on YouTube, in general?
• What is the best way to measure a company’s activeness on YouTube?
• Does a company’s YouTube nonfinancial activeness influence its business performance from a finance perspective, measured in its monthly stock return?
• Does a company’s YouTube nonfinancial activeness impact its business performance from an accounting perspective, measured ← 75 | 76 → in its quarterly total revenue, net income (or loss), earnings per share, profit margin, return on assets, and return on equity?
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.