Edited By Fatma Eti Aslan, Gökay Kurtulan and Hayat Yalın
After the COVID pandemic in 2020, the importance of health services was once again understood by the whole world. Scientific research in the field of health services contributes greatly to the development of health services.
In this book, there are a total of 26 chapters in 4 different scientific fields: 6 in nutrition and dietetics, 11 in nursing, 6 in physiotherapy and rehabilitation and 3 in health management.
Currency depends on your shipping address
- Berlin, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Warszawa, Wien, 2021. 456 pp., 34 fig. b/w, 118 tables.
- About the author
- About the book
- This eBook can be cited
- List of Contributors
- Dilek Arduzlar Kağan, Ecenur Özkul, and Pelin Velioğlu
- Assessment of Consumption Frequency of Cereal Products by Adults and Some Factors Affecting Consumption
- Ecenur Özkul and Can Ergün
- An Evaluation of Nutritional Supplement Habits of Mothers and Eating Habits of Children Aged 0-6 Years
- Gökçen Garipoğlu, Gülderen Yentür, Esin Koç, and Taner Özgürtaş
- Research into Effect of Nutritional Status in Pregnancy on Breast Milk Lipid Content and Fatty Acid Composition
- Hakan Güveli, Merve İlker, Emre Batuhan Kenger, and Tuğçe Özlü
- The Importance of Medical Nutrition Treatment and Determinants of Its Effects of in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Patients
- İlayda Öztürk
- The Relationships Between Sleep Patterns, Eating Habits, and Obesity of University Students
- Yonca Sevim
- Recreational Athletes’ Food Choices
- Kardelen Besen, Dilara Güler, Mirsad Alkan, and Dilber Karagözoğlu Coşkunsu
- Acute Effects of Myofascial Release Technique Applied with Foam Roller on Posterior Plane Muscles in Patients with Mechanical Neck Pain
- Hazal Genç, Esra Atılgan, and Beyza İnce
- Comparison of Muscle Activation Level, Pain, Posture, Disability, and Balance in Individuals with and without Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- İlkay Öztürk, Mirsad Alkan, and Hasan Kerem Alptekin
- Evaluation of the Relationship Between Physical Activity and Fatigue with Presenteeism
- Pelin Pişirici and Evrim Karadağ Saygı
- Investigation the Effectiveness of Low-Dose Laser Treatment in Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome-Randomized Controlled Study
- Pelin Pişirici, Leyla Ataş Balcı, and Seda Akkoyun
- The Effect of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Technique on Proprioception and Balance in Individuals with Non-specific Neck Pain -Pilot Study
- Semih Özdemir, Hasan Kerem Alptekin, and Mirsad Alkan
- Effects of Kinesio Taping on Balance and Performance in Healthy Adults with Dynamic Knee Valgus
- Ahu Kürklü, Pınar Doğan, and Merve Tarhan
- Comparison of the Public’s Social Distance toward Syrian Refugees and Perceptions of Access to Healthcare Services: İstanbul Sample
- Dilay Hacıdursunoğlu Erbaş, Fadime Çınar, and Fatma Eti Aslan
- Researches Related Violence Against Healthcare Workers in Turkey: A Meta-analysis Study
- Emine Özdemir Aslan and Fatma Eti Aslan
- Examination of Satisfaction of Patients Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Management
- Fatma Eti Aslan, Şebnem Çalkavur, Semra Bülbüloğlu, and Neslihan Bektaş
- Intervention Effectiveness: A Meta-analysis of the Central Line Bundles to Prevent Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections
- Gamze Zengin and Hayat Yalın
- Quality of Life in Individuals with Stroke
- İbrahim Elmas and Hayat Yalın
- Life Quality of Nurses: Mardin Province Sample
- Merve Tarhan, Pınar Doğan, and Ahu Kürklü
- Nursing’s Public Image in İstanbul: Comparison Between Generations
- Neriman Özge Çalışkan and Hayat Yalın
- Patients’ Perception of Nursing Care
- Nilgün Altunbaş and Hayat Yalın
- Identifying the Expectations of Parents of Children, Who Have Bone Marrow Transplantation, from Healthcare Professionals
- Nurşah Büyükçamsarı Şanlıer, Fadime Çınar, and Fatma Eti Aslan
- Investigation of Risk Factors for Effective Pressure Ulcer Development Studies Have Been Made in Turkey: A Meta-analysis Study
- Selda Polat and Burcu Ceylan
- Effect of Psychodrama on Self-Compassion Levels of University Students
- Çiğdem Çelebi and Murat Dündar
- Investigation of Circulation Areas Depending on Spatial Planning Criteria in Healthcare Facilities
- Gökay Kurtulan and İrem Sarıhan
- Comparison of Health Literacy Levels of Bahçeşehir University Faculty of Health Sciences and Architecture and Design Students
- Muzaffer Saraç and Gökay Kurtulan
- Difficulties and Challenges in the Field of Nurses Providing Home Care Services
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- About the Editors
Emine Özdemir Aslan and Fatma Eti Aslan
Examination of Satisfaction of Patients Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting Management
Objective: This study has been conducted to examine patients’ satisfaction with postoperative nausea and vomiting management.
Materials and Methods: Phenomenological design, which is one of the qualitative research methods, has been utilized. After obtaining ethical suitability permission from Bahçeşehir University Clinical Researches Ethics Committee and institutional permission from the hospital where the study shall be conducted, an in-depth interview method has been used on ten patients who had a gastrointestinal system surgery. The data collected through leading questions have been recorded on a voice recorder. Themes were created via the analysis of the recorded data, and they have been evaluated.
Results: According to the findings obtained from the research, it has been detected that a great majority of the patients were not satisfied with the postoperative nausea and vomiting management. It has been determined that patients’ personal traits, medical diagnoses, applied surgical treatment methods, and areas of surgery have affected the patients’ satisfaction. It has been observed that risk factors influenced postoperative nausea and vomiting. It has been determined that experiencing nausea and vomiting before surgery affected patients’ satisfaction with the postoperative nausea and vomiting management.
Conclusion: In this study, it has been determined that patients were not satisfied with the postoperative nausea and vomiting management. Depending on these results, it is suggested to establish personal management of nausea and vomiting postoperative treatment plan, plan...
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.