Table Of Contents
- About the editors
- About the book
- This eBook can be cited
- Table of Contents
- List of figures
- List of tables
- Interdisciplinary approaches to education for sustainable and solidary development
- The Development of Intercultural Curriculum from the Perspective of Education for International Solidarity (Claudiu Marian Bunăiașu)
- Assessing the Intercultural Competence of Students in the Romanian Higher-Education Environment (Claudiu Marian Bunăiașu / Aida Cornelia Stoian)
- Optimizing Students’ Psycho-Motor Capacity by Using Dance-Specific Methods (Germina Cosma / Ligia Rusu)
- Cultural Stereotypes Corrupting Indexical Meaning: How to Fight Prejudice through Education (Oana-Adriana Duță)
- Modern Perspectives on Education for Sustainable and Solidary Development at Bifröst University. ESSD from the Vantage Point of Teachers and Students – Are They Ready? (Jón Freyr Jóhannsson)
- The Design, Construction and Development of Educational Curriculums from the Perspective of Sustainable Development (Emil Lazăr)
- Learning Together in the Local Territory? Learning Territory and Education for Sustainable and Solidary Development: A Guidance Toolkit for Teachers (Marie-Françoise Olivier / Thierry Delavet)
- Education in the Context of Interculturality and Globality (Porzia Quagliarella)
- A Study on the Intercultural Competence of a Group of International Students (Cristiana Teodorescu)
- Social Media in Education: on the Reception of a Viral YouTube Environmental Video (Monica Tilea)
- Economic perspectives on sustainable and solidary education
- The Legislative Impact on Labour Market Insertion of Vulnerable Persons from South-West Oltenia (Daniel Cîrciumaru / Silviu Cârstina)
- Higher Education Funding in Romania. An Applied Analysis (Raluca Drăcea)
- Correlations between Financial Resources for Education and the Outcomes of the Educational Process in Iceland and Romania (Cristian Valeriu Stanciu)
- Sustainable Development: An Insight into Funding and Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Romania and Iceland (Anca Tănasie)
- A Higher Education Perspective on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (Anca Tănasie / Magnús Árni Skjöld Magnússon)
- Public Internal Auditing and Its Role in Assessing the Risk Management Process in Universities (Cristina-Petrina Trincu-Drăgușin)
- Language teachingand intercultural communication
- Ensuring the Access of Roma People to Higher Education: a Case Study at the University of Craiova (Ionela Carmen Banța)
- Project-Based Learning: a Premise of Education for Sustainable Development (Daniela Dincă)
- Arguments in Favour of Cooperation in Medical Terminology Research (Iulia Cristina Frînculescu)
- Memorable Grammar Design in Foreign Language Learning. Comparing Romanian and German Textbooks (Daniela Kohn)
- Lifelong Learning: Developing Experienced Students᾽ Speaking Skills (Adriana Lăzărescu)
- Internationalization of Gastronomic Terminology: a Step toward Intercultural Communication (Gabriela Anca Mic)
- Intercomprehension – A Means of Intercultural Communication (Cecilia Mihaela Popescu)
- Interdisciplinary Writing for Developing Critical Thinking (Alina Reşceanu)
- The Effectiveness of Authentic Audiovisual Materials in Teaching and Learning French at University Level (Darko Ristovski)
- Pedagogical and Intercultural Challenges of the AUF International Master’s Programme Didactique des langues (Cristiana Teodorescu)
Monica Tilea/Oana-Adriana Duţă/Alina Reşceanu (eds.)
Reflections and Practices
Bibliographic Information published by the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
The Deutsche Nationalbibliothek lists this publication in the Deutsche Nationalbibliografie; detailed bibliographic data is available in the internet at http://dnb.d-nb.de.
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
Names: Tilea, Monica, 1968- editor. | Duță, Oana-Adriana, editor. | Reşceanu, Alina,
Title: Sustainable and solidary education : reflections and practices / Monica Tilea,
Oana-Adriana Duță, Alina Reşceanu (eds.).
Description: Frankfurt am Main : Peter Lang, internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften,
 | Includes index.
Identifiers: LCCN 2017004224 | ISBN 9783631720660
Subjects: LCSH: Multicultural education–Cross-cultural studies. | Sustainable development.
Classification: LCC LC1099 .S87 2017 | DDC 370.117–dc23
LC record available at https://lccn.loc.gov/2017004224
A volume published within the project Learning to Live Together:
Modern Perspectives on Transversal Skills in Education for Sustainable and Solidary
Development (ElitMod), promoted by the University of Craiova (Romania), in partnership
with Bifröst University (Iceland)
– supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
Cover image: © Alina Reşceanu
ISBN 978-3-631-72066-0 (Print)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-72087-5 (E-PDF)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-72088-2 (EPUB)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-72089-9 (MOBI)
© Peter Lang GmbH
Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
Frankfurt am Main 2017
All rights reserved.
Peter Lang Edition is an Imprint of Peter Lang GmbH.
Peter Lang – Frankfurt am Main · Bern · Bruxelles · New York · Oxford · Warszawa · Wien
All parts of this publication are protected by copyright. Any utilisation outside the strict limits of the copyright law, without the permission of the publisher, is forbidden and liable to prosecution. This applies in particular to reproductions, translations, microfilming, and storage and processing in electronic retrieval systems.
This publication has been peer reviewed.
About the editors
Monica Tilea is Associate Professor at the University of Craiova (Romania). Her current research deals with reception theories, reader-response criticism and image-word relationship. Oana-Adriana Dut¸a˘ and Alina Res¸ceanu are Senior Lecturers in linguistics and language studies at the same university.
About the book
This volume of thematic studies offers multifaceted interpretations of education for sustainable and solidary development (ESSD). It is a joint work of academics, teachers and researchers covering the domain of education from the perspective of economy, social sciences, language studies, communication and pedagogy. The authors propose a range of reflections and empirical studies which refer to: various means and methods for an effective teaching/learning process; transversal skills related to ESSD; and the importance of financial resources and quality assurance in education. The unitary and original endeavour of this volume establishes a common meeting point for devising up-to-date methods and practices across disciplines, with a view to supporting sustainable and solidary education.
This eBook can be cited
This edition of the eBook can be cited. To enable this we have marked the start and end of a page. In cases where a word straddles a page break, the marker is placed inside the word at exactly the same position as in the physical book. This means that occasionally a word might be bifurcated by this marker.
Table of Contents
- ISBN (PDF)
- ISBN (ePUB)
- ISBN (MOBI)
- ISBN (Hardcover)
- Publication date
- 2017 (April)
- Sustainable development International solidarity Intercultural communication Languages studies Transversal skills Education funding
- Frankfurt am Main, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Warszawa, Wien, 2017. 414 pp., 21 b/w ill., 48 coloured ill., 57 b/w tables, 2 coloured tables