The Rise of Multiculturalism in Canada and Australia, 1890s–1970s
1. Benedict Anderson, Imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism, Revised Edition (London, UK: Verso, 1991), 6.
2. Ibid., 6, 7.
3. Ernest Gellner, Nations and Nationalism (Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1983).
4. Hugh Seton-Watson, Nations and States: An Enquiry into the Origins of Nations and the Politics of Nationalism (London, UK: Methuen, 1977).
5. Hans Kohn, The Idea of Nationalism: A Study in Its Origins and Background (New York, NY: Macmillan, 1944).
6. Seton-Watson, Nations and States, 1, 2, 3, 5.
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.