Critical Business Asset for Strategic Global Change
Chapter Four: Major Events for Corporations
← 44 | 45 → CHAPTER FOUR
Major Events for Corporations
This chapter investigates strategies and offers examples of corporations that have successfully navigated one or more of these important changes in the life of a sustainable business. It focuses on three areas:
• Communication and Corporate Strategy—Understanding and Influencing the Change Process
• Communicating Strategic Change—The Continuum of Reputation, Issues Management, and Crisis Management Is Built on a Positive Corporate Culture
• Corporate Communication Is Essential to the Success of Strategic Changes: M&A, competition, antitrust; structural alignment; culture change; innovation; new leadership models for succession planning and new concepts of leadership in corporations; downsizing; global expansion.
Communication and Corporate Strategy—Understanding and Influencing the Change Process
In an environment of uncertainty, the ability to manage change is essential. Several books on management strategy are built on analogies for change in corporations.
• Architecture in Robert Tomasco’s Rethinking the Corporation: The Architecture of Change.
• Engineering in Michael Hammer and James Champy’s Reengineering the Corporation
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.