Table Of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Book
- This eBook can be cited
- Message from His Excellency Philip McDonagh, Irish Ambassador to the Holy See
- Ancient Lights and Modern Vision: Seóirse Bodley’s Congregational Masses (Lorraine Byrne)
- 1 | Mass of Peace
- 2 | Mass of Joy
- 3 | Mass of Glory [Aifreann na Glóire]
- Appendix 1 | Seóirse Bodley’s Sacred Music
Seóirse Bodley was born in Dublin. Studies in Ireland and Germany led to a teaching appointment at the Music Department of University College Dublin, where he was awarded the degree of D.Mus, and of which he is Emeritus Professor.
Influences on his compositions include a range of musical styles from the European avant-garde to Irish traditional music. His works include five symphonies for full orchestra, two chamber symphonies and numerous orchestral, choral, vocal and chamber pieces. The many commissions he has received include his Third Symphony, commissioned for the opening of the National Concert Hall in Dublin, and his Fourth Symphony, commissioned by the Arturo Toscanini Symphony Orchestra of Parma, Italy. In addition to many performances in Ireland, his music has been broadcast and performed in North America, many European countries, Australia and China. Awards include the Arts Council Prize for Composition, a Travelling Studentship of the National University of Ireland, the Macauley Fellowship in Music Composition and the Marten Toonder Award. He is founder-member of Aosdána, Ireland’s academy of creative artists.
- XVIII, 62
- ISBN (PDF)
- ISBN (ePUB)
- ISBN (MOBI)
- Publication date
- 2022 (March)
- three congregational masses
- Oxford, Bern, Berlin, Bruxelles, New York, Wien, 2005. XVIII, 62 pp., 55 fig. b/w, 1 table.