Urban Education and the Next Generation of Black Teachers
Appendix: Interview Protocol
← 126 | 127 → ·APPENDIX·
• What is your name, address, year of birth, marital status (year of marriage), birthplace?*
• Who would you identify as being in your immediate family? How many brothers and/or sisters do you have? Birth order and spacing?*
• How many years did you live in the house where you were born? Has your family moved since then? For what reason did you family make these moves?*
• How old were your parents when you were born? What were their occupations? Work hours? Did they have other jobs before or after they became that? Did they also do any part-time jobs? Do you remember your parents ever being out of work? What are their highest levels of schooling/education? *
• Who looked after the children while your parents were at work?*
• What type of schools did you attend growing up? (public/private/religious/size/student demographics)
• What do you remember about how you were taught in school? (discussion, teacher-directed, student-directed) How did you respond to those methods?
← 127 | 128 → • How did your teachers describe your abilities on your report cards?
• How did you spend your time outside of school? Did you participate in any clubs or sports? Describe your participation (time commitment, intensity, affiliation).
• Were there any teachers, coaches, or other adults who particularly stand out in your mind as influential in your childhood? Describe your relationship with them.
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.