Table Of Content
- About the editors
- About the book
- This eBook can be cited
- Table of Contents
- Section 1: Pedagogical Guidelines and Principles for Setting Up and Organising Online Tandems (Hermann Funk / Manja Gerlach / Dorothea Spaniel / Josy-Ann Lätsch)
- 1.1 Same Same, but Different: How to Find Common Ground in Terminology in Interdisciplinary and International Foreign Language Research?
- 1.2 Online Tandems – a Distinct Way of Language Learning?
- 1.3 How to Set up Non-Formal Online Tandems?
- 1.4 How to Stipulate Online Interactions? Task-Based Language Learning and the Design of Materials
- 1.5 The Notion of Task in the Context of Online Tandems
- 1.6 How to Assist Online Tandem Learners?
- 1.7 How Can We Plan Quality Management and Assessment in Online Tandem Settings?
- 1.8 References Section 1
- Section 2: Components of Interactions in Online Tandems
- 2.1 Identifying Language Needs at the Workplace: Aligning the Needs of Language Learners with the Language Needs of Companies (Susanne Lesk / Martin Stegu)
- 2.2 Principles of Tandem Interaction – Reciprocity (Lennart T. Koch)
- 2.3 Who Speaks What Language to Whom and How?(Eva Vetter)
- 2.4 Non-Understanding in eTandem Conversations (Yasmin El-Hariri / Julia Renner)
- 2.5 Technological and Pedagogical Perspectives on Tandem Learning (Germán Ruipérez / José Carlos García-Cabrero)
- 2.6 Telecollaboration and Use of English between Learners of German and Spanish in an Institutional Context of a Spanish University (Claudia Grümpel / Analía Cuadrado Rey, Pamela Stoll)
- 2.7 Enhanced Language Learning in Non-Formal Tandems (Mireia Calvet Creizet / Javier Orduña)
- 2.8 Interactional Practices of Third Language Learners: Principles and Documentation (Mireia Calvet Creizet / Javier Orduña)
- Section 3: E-Tandems in the Institutional Context of Universities: Experiences and Recommendations
- 3.1 Integration of Electronic Tandems into Classroom Instruction (Carmen Gierden Vega / Patricia Manjavacas Sneesby)
- 3.2 The Role of Guidance as a Factor for Tandem Organisation(Kateryna Kremenchuk / Yan Li)
- Appendix I: Flyer (Spanish Version)
- Appendix II: Registration Form (German Version)
- Appendix III: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (English Version)
- Appendix IV: Worksheets
- Worksheet Let’s start with a photo (German Version)
- Worksheet Starting the project (German Version)
- Worksheet Starting the day (Chinese Version)
- Worksheet Food and drink (Spanish Version)
- Worksheet Presentation of a company (Chinese Version)
- Worksheet Homeland (German Version)
- Appendix V: Participant Questionnaires4
- Excerpt of Online-Questionnaire for all Project Participants
- Excerpt of Online-Questionnaire for learners in non-formal Online Tandems (German-Chinese)
- Excerpt of Online-Questionnaire for learners in non-formal Online Tandems (German-Spanish)
- Appendix VI: Confirmation of Participation
- Appendix VII: Transcripts
- Transcript of a Spanish-German Online Tandem
- Transcript of a Chinese-German Online Tandem
Hermann Funk / Manja Gerlach /
Dorothea Spaniel-Weise (eds.)
Handbook for Foreign Language
Learning in Online Tandems and
Bibliographic Information published by the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
The Deutsche Nationalbibliothek lists this publication in the Deutsche Nationalbibliografie; detailed bibliographic data is available in the internet at http://dnb.d-nb.de.
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
A CIP catalog record for this book has been applied for at the Library of Congress
© PantherMedia / Périg MORISSE / Fotolia.com"
ISBN 978-3-631-71448-5 (Print)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-71642-7 (E-PDF)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-71643-4 (EPUB)
E-ISBN 978-3-631-71644-1 (MOBI)
© Peter Lang GmbH
Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
Frankfurt am Main 2017
All rights reserved.
Peter Lang Edition is an Imprint of Peter Lang GmbH.
Peter Lang – Frankfurt am Main · Bern · Bruxelles · New York · Oxford · Warszawa · Wien
All parts of this publication are protected by copyright. Any utilisation outside the strict limits of the copyright law, without the permission of the publisher, is forbidden and liable to prosecution. This applies in particular to reproductions, translations, microfilming, and storage and processing in electronic retrieval systems.
This publication has been peer reviewed.
About the book
This book is about foreign language learning in non-formal Online Tandems. The collected papers by contributors who have expertise in the field of Language Pedagogy and Foreign Language Acquisition gather information on online interactions, such as the initiation of tandems, the mentoring of online activities and learners’ interaction, as well as the assessment of the processes at hand. The handbook targets stakeholders, institutions of higher education, language teachers and tandem trainers at educational institutions that want to set up Online Tandems especially designed for third language learners. The book is the result of the three-year project L3TASK carried out at five universities in Austria (Wien), Germany (Jena) and Spain (Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid) and associated partner institutions in China. It was funded by the European Commission in the frame of the Life Long Learning Programme.
This eBook can be cited
This edition of the eBook can be cited. To enable this we have marked the start and end of a page. In cases where a word straddles a page break, the marker is placed inside the word at exactly the same position as in the physical book. This means that occasionally a word might be bifurcated by this marker.
Table of Contents
1.8 References Section 1 ←5 | 6→
- ISBN (PDF)
- ISBN (ePUB)
- ISBN (MOBI)
- ISBN (Book)
- Publication date
- 2017 (June)
- Non-Formal Language Learning Online Language Learning Adult Language Learning Third Language Learning European Union Erasmus
- Frankfurt am Main, Bern, Bruxelles, New York, Oxford, Warszawa, Wien, 2017. 324 pp., 27 tables, 45 ill.